Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nelson



I came to Nelson right after Kaikoura, and the difference couldn't be a more welcome surprise.
When I was in Kaikoura, I was wearing my hoodie, my winter coat and walking very fast and still the wind was freezing. In Nelson, I got to take off my coat, my hoodie and walk in short sleeves again (at least in the daytime). Even in wintertime Nelson is sunny and warm. In fact, if I am not mistaken, Nelson gets the most sunny days out of all New Zealand's cities.
It is small, but it has everything - mountain biking trails, beaches... And the town center itself was pretty pleasant. I don't think it's just the warm weather, but I really loved being in Nelson.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Tongariro Alpine Crossing

Just when I decide it's a good time to do Tongariro Crossing, the mountain has a small tantrum and throws some rocks around. The res...